Rules of good writing?
1. Communicate your idea clearly and effectively.
2. Write in elegant and stylish way.
3. Do not use passive voice.
4. Don’t use unnecessary jargon and acronyms.
5. Don’t use vague words.
How to be a good writer?
1. Read, pay attention and imitate.
2. Write in a journal.
3. Talk about your research before trying to write about it.
4. Write to engage your readers – try not to bore them.
5. Stop waiting for “inspiration”.
6. Accept that writing is hard for everyone.
7. Revise. Nobody gets it perfect on the first try.
8. Learn how to cut ruthlessly. Never become too attached to your words.
9. Find a good editor.
10. Take risks.